Thursday, August 16, 2007

My latest brilliant idea

So I'm thinking, ACOT (Apple classroom of tomorrow) taught us that teachers have to be comfortable using technology before they'll let their students use it in class (or at least attempt to teach with it), likewise with all the cool Web 2.0 stuff like blogs, wikis, podcasts, etc.

My brilliant idea is to develop a series of workshops that revolve around the idea of Professional Development 2.0 (I know, I know, enough with the 2.0 already!). Trying to help teachers get past the paradigm of the face to face workshop, and on to the myriad of online opportunities currently available: like attending a conference "virtually", reading blogs, listening to podcasts, attending a webinar, viewing online just-in-time tutorials, participating in a wiki, and joining an online community of practice (I can't remember where I first saw that term), or professional learning community, or finding or being a mentor.

So dear readers (both of you!), let me know what you think of my latest brainstorm, and be sure to offer your suggestions for websites and resources related to the above.

No comments: