Sunday, August 17, 2008

The wonder of YouTube

We've been raising Monarch butterflies again this summer. I believe we've hatched 4 or 5 with 1 more to go. Today I found a Monarch with a broken wing. I put him (her?) on one of our butterfly bushes, then raced upstairs to the computer and Googled "repair Monarch broken wing."

Believe it or not, someone has posted a video on how to do just that! Sadly, I returned to our garden and could not find our wounded butterfly. Sigh. But now I know what to do if it happens in the future. Here's the video so you can learn too.


I certainly understand why schools need to block YouTube, but I wish there was a way to filter the bad videos and allow the good videos to be seen. There is so much to learn and so many people willing to teach through this new medium.

No comments: