Wednesday, January 23, 2008

picnik is WAY cool!


I'm doing a workshop on digital cameras tomorrow and I'm planning on demonstrating the photo-editing site picnik. This FREE site allows you to upload photos from your computer, or to edit photos you already have on another photo site such as flickr or photobucket. I didn't even have to create an account and I was able to edit, save, and email my photos.

The editing tools are very basic, but very powerful, and are probably all the average user will ever need. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this photo of me at Muir Woods turned out. Compare the "after" photo on the left with the "before" photo on the right. Oh, so that's a big TREE in the background!

You can also subscribe to a premium picnik service for $24.95 a year that has even more editing and enhancing tools.





No comments: