Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Shake it like a Polaroid picture!


After visiting with family over Christmas break and taking some pictures and video, I got to thinking about the "good old days."

Remember when taking pictures meant having to take your film (or as my grandmother used to say "fill-em") to the drugstore and waiting a week for your photos to be developed? And how about shooting home movies without sound, and then finally getting that 3 minute film spool back, then having to thread it through the projector only to see some underexposed silhouettes? Then we got a Polaroid Swinger camera, which allowed us to see our pictures (in glorious black and white) in mere minutes!

I couldn't go back to those days. I love being able to see my pictures and video instantly, knowing if I need to take another photo because someone's eyes were closed. I love being able to crop and edit, and upload photos to the web, and making calendars or photo mugs or T-shirts.

Remember that Outkast song, about shaking it "like a Polaroid picture"? How much longer until no one has any idea what they were talking about?

No comments: