Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Take me out to the ballgame!

My absolute favorite thing (outside of family and work of course) is BASEBALL! And with opening day just a few days away, I wanted to share with you a very long list of lesson plan ideas on Education World that have something to do with the greatest sport in the world.

http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/lesson107.shtml

NOTE: I found this error in the list (maybe there are others?): the link for the "Bat-o-matic Fantasy Baseball" should be: http://fantasy.sikids.com/baseball/index.asp

You'll find lesson suggestions for Science, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies... you get the idea.

As a former band director, I used baseball team names to help teach sixteenth note rhythms to my sixth graders. I would have students chant the team names rhythmically to a steady beat, then figure out the underlying rhythmic notation. And with the FREE Finale NotePad software, students could even use the computer to notate and listen to the rhythms.

No comments: