Thursday, March 23, 2006

Logitech Video Effects--- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!


While perusing my Bloglines feeds this morning, I came across this "viral video" of a girl who recently went through a breakup. She recorded the video using a Logitech webcam, and used some amazing animated effects that were generated with the Logitech Video Effects software. I had to go to Logitech's website to check it out for myself. What I saw blew me away!

Here's another demo from the viral video girl that shows the capabilities of the software.

I swear a little animated light bulb immediately appeared over my head! Students can create a story, and then videotape themselves as the actual character in the story! There are dozens of avatars and "face accessories" that can be added to videos recorded with the compatible Logitech webcams. The software is free, and so are the avatars and face accessories-- with a webcam that sells for under a hundred bucks!

We placed an order for one today. Watch for a sample video on this blog soon!

No comments: