Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Using images in PowerPoint-- the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Garr Reynolds is one of the greatest presentation gurus in the entire world! I subscribe to his Presentation Zen blog, and today he came out with a great post that is both simple and brilliant.

I have seen (and even done) most of these 11 mistakes that people make when using photos or clip art in a PowerPoint presentation.

This is a great lesson for all of us: http://www.presentationzen.com/presentationzen/2009/08/10-ways-to-use-images-poorly.html

My helpful tip: when resizing an image in PowerPoint, grab a corner "handle." That way you are simultaneously changing both the horizontal and vertical size of the image, and you will keep it in the proper ratio and not distort the image as Garr demonstrates.

2 comments:

Otto said...

I have made them also. I haven't used many powerpoint presentations but it takes me many hours to get it the way I want it.

Tina said...

I love to use PPT, it enables you to use great visual aids to help the learner observe what we are talking about! My classroom is so large it is hard for me to use my TV monitor and I have yet to get a projector - still patiently waiting though!!!