Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Google Labs presents Similar Images

Through my Twitter network today I learned about a new Google feature called "Similar Images." I had to try it out and it works very well!

After searching for an image, you have the option to find other images that are similar to the one you have in mind. No more searching through page after page of images that aren't relevant to your needs.

For example, here is a search for "beetle."







Maybe I'm looking for pictures of beetles on leaves. I click on the "similar images" link and VOILA...






Or maybe I need something more like this...



VERY helpful! Check it out for yourself: http://similar-images.googlelabs.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried it and I like it. Good tip. Thanks to you I know my ABCs, where Chichen Itza is and how to find multiple images.

Jim Dornberg said...

Thanks! I think ;)